Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Posted for ZWT 7 - South Africa
Make and share this Zucchini & Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1 medium leek, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 946.36 ml water
- 2 vegetable bouillon
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 453.59-566.99 g zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled & sliced
- salt, To Taste
- sour cream, for garnish
- chopped green onion, for garnish
- Melt the butter in a large pot the saute the shallots, garlic, leeks and onions until tender.
- Add water, bouillon, black pepper, zucchini, and potatoes. Bring to a boil. The reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat then pour half of mixture into food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Gently stir the liquid back in the pot. Season with salt then top with sour cream and green onions.
sooo good. DH didn't miss the meat at all. We love the consistency of the soup with half of it blended and half of it chunky. I used chicken stock instead of the bouillon and garnished with a little left over kousa. :) Made for ZWT 7.