Recipe by Nasseh
Posted for ZWT 7 - South Africa
Top Review by Jamilahs_Kitchen
sooo good. DH didn't miss the meat at all. We love the consistency of the soup with half of it blended and half of it chunky. I used chicken stock instead of the bouillon and garnished with a little left over kousa. :) Made for ZWT 7.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1 medium leek, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 2 vegetable bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -1 1⁄4 lb zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled & sliced
- salt, To Taste
- sour cream, for garnish
- chopped green onion, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large pot the saute the shallots, garlic, leeks and onions until tender.
- Add water, bouillon, black pepper, zucchini, and potatoes. Bring to a boil. The reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat then pour half of mixture into food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Gently stir the liquid back in the pot. Season with salt then top with sour cream and green onions.