Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A spicy side dish with Mediterranean style. Easy, too.
- 1 lb zucchini
- 1⁄2 lb potato
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed with press
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook whole zucchini in water until soft. Drain and mash coarsely.
- Cook potatoes in water until soft. Cool, peel and mash coarsely.
- Combine all ingredients and stir together briskly.
- Serve at room temperature.
I will admit, I was a little weary of this recipe b/c it is so different. However, we loved it! It is so fast and easy. I think it tasted great hot and at room temperature. I can wait for the summer produce stands, so we can make this again and again. Reviewed for Spring PAC 2010.