My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium zucchini, scrubbed but unpeeled,cut into 1/2 inch cubes (1 cup)
- 1 medium yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (1 cup)
- 3 cups chicken broth or 3 cups low sodium chicken broth, as needed
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus additional for serving
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- chopped fresh thyme, for garnish
- 1Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion, celery and garlic, and cover.
- 3Cook, stirring often, until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in the zucchini and potato.
- 5Add enough broth to barely cover the vegetables.
- 6Add the thyme and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 7Reduce the heat to low.
- 8Simmer, partially covered, until the potato is tender, about 15 minutes.
- 9Stir in the evaporated milk and cheese.
- 10Heat until very hot, but do not boil, or the soup will curdle.
- 11Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 12Ladle into soup bowls, and sprinkle each serving with thyme.
- 13Pass extra Parmesan cheese on the side.
- 14Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini, Potato and Parmesan Soup
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.7
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.9 mg
- Sodium 368.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: