1/1 Photo of Zucchini Potato and Parmesan Soup
Lori Bailey's Note:
This soup is really great tasting. It is from my Art Smith cook book. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium zucchini, scrubbed but kept unpeeled,cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (1 cup)
- 3 cups chicken broth or 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat, add the onion, celery and garlic, and cover.
- 2Cook stirring often, until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in zucchini and potato.
- 4Add enough broth to barely cover the vegetables.
- 5Add the thyme and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 6Reduce heat to low.
- 7Simmer, partially covered, until the potatoes are tender about 15 minutes.
- 8Stir in evaporated milk and cheese, heat until very hot, but do not boil, or the soup will curdle.
- 9Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Potato and Parmesan Soup
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.7
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.8 mg
- Sodium 723.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 13.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: