Recipe by katie in the UP
I found this recipe in the Rachael Ray Magazine. It prepares quick, tastes great!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (they listed butter)
- 3 zucchini, approx 1 lb. sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, recommends Yukon Gold, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 8 ounces cooked ham, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill
- 1 pinch nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly golden, about 8 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and zucchini and season with salt.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil; cover, lower the heat and simmer until the veggies are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Using a hand held blender, partially puree the soup, leaving some chunks.
- Stir in the ham, dill and nutmeg.