Recipe by Kozmic Blues
After being given a 2 foot zucchini from someone's garden, I needed some ideas...SERIOUSLY. I decided to take the basic principle of my Sun-Dried Tomato & Roasted Pepper Frittata - Vegan, switch the veggies and the spice combination, and here was the result. A lovely light summery frittata, vegan style. For the onion, I used a vidalia. For the spice mixture, I used a combo of Pampered Chef all-purpose dill mix, a bit of 4S seasoned salt, and some Penzey's Fox Point Seasoning. I have tried to list the equivalents below using dried dill, onion and garlic powder. As always, fresh dill would be great in this too (1 TBSP).
- 1 lb extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded, squeezed dry of excess water
- 3 new potatoes, cubed 1/2-inch
- 2 -3 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Steam cubed potatoes in a veggie steamer for 7-8 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, crumble and squeeze the tofu through your fingers until it resembles ricotta cheese. Be sure to squeeze out all the lumps.
- Mix in the soy sauce, mustard, nutritional yeast, turmeric and half of the dried spices and combine well.
- In a small (8-inch) skillet, saute the onions in the olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Add remainder of dried spices, and stir to coat.
- Add the shredded zucchini and potatoes and saute for 3 more minutes.
- Add the minced fresh garlic saute for 1 minute.
- Transfer the cooked zucchini/potato mixture to the tofu and combine well.
- Place the tofu back into the skillet and press down firmly in place.
- Cook in the oven at 400°F for 30 minutes.
- Let the frittata sit for 10 minute before serving.