Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens.
- 1 (14 ounce) packageherb herb-seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups coarsely chopped zucchini
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 ounce) carton light sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 pork loin chops, cut 3/4 inch thick
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, stir together 7 1/2 cups of the croutons and the melted butter; toss gently to coat. Place half of the buttered croutons in a greased 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
- In another large bowl, stir together zucchini, cream of celery soup, sour cream, 1/2 cup of the milk, the carrot, parsley, and pepper. Spoon the zucchini mixture over croutons in baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining buttered croutons.
- Trim fat from chops; set aside. Coarsely crush the remaining stuffing croutons and place in a shallow dish. Place the remaining milk in another shallow dish. Dip the chops in the milk and then in the crushed stuffing croutons, turning to coat.
- Place the chops on top of the buttered croutons in the baking dish. Sprinkle with any remaining crushed stuffing croutons.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until the chops are slightly pink in the center and the juices run clear.