- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3 cups zucchini, cubed (Italian squash or courgette)
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen peas or 1 cup fresh peas
- 3 pinches cayenne pepper (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions, red pepper, garlic, and celery in a few T of water, veggie broth or balsamic vinegar for a few minutes, until tender.
- Add tumeric, ginger, cumin and zucchini. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, peas and cayenne pepper and cook until zucchini is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Can be a main dish on its own or serve over pasta or rice.