1/1 Photo of Zucchini Pizza Dough
From my e-cookbook collection, this looks yummy and interesting. The only ingredient in here that I changed was to use 3 egg whites instead of 3 whole eggs as originally called for-- since you don't need yolks to bind and all. Can use any kind of flour but I think whole wheat or bread flour would add great substance and flavor. (1/3 cup AP flour + 1 teaspoon vital wheat gluten = 1/3 cup bread flour) But the only quirk with this recipe is that unlike flour doughs, you can't bake with the sauce, cheese, and toppings on or else it'll fall apart-- you have to bake this dough first.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 zucchini (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup bread flour
- 3 egg whites
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (2-3 leaves or 1 tsp. dried basil)
- dried cremini mushroom (my idea, not the cookbook's)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1You need about 3 1/2 cups zucchini-- about 3 medium size zucchinis should do it. Grate it coarsely with a vegetable shredder/peeler, food chopper, mandolin, etc.
- 2Place the zucchini in bowl and lightly salt then let sit for 15 minutes and.
- 3squeeze out all the water that is rendered. Roll in a towel and twist.
- 4again. This is to remove all the water-- if you don't remove the water, it won't bake right.
- 5Mix with the rest of ingredients in a bowl.
- 6Grease a pizza stone or 10" baking dish with cooking spray, then place the dough into it.
- 7Bake at 350F until the top is dry and lightly browned, about 20-30 minutes.
- 8To eat right away, add your favorite sauce, cheese, and toppings then bake at 350 for another 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Pizza Dough
Serving Size: 1 (821 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 585.9
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 58.7 mg
- Sodium 1244.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 47.9 g