Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A pizza dough that is made mostly from zucchini. I found it on a website somewhere and thought I'd put it up on here since it is so good.
- 3 1⁄2 cups coarsely grated zucchini
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 1⁄2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 1 green pepper
- Grate zucchini into bowl and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Remove zucchini from bowl and squeeze excess water from zucchini.
- Mix zucchini, flour, eggs (beaten), parmesian cheese, and basil together.
- Spread dough onto pizza stone and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes (or until slightly browned).
- Remove from oven and put sauce, shredded cheese, sausage (previously cooked, and sliced or loose -- as preferred), and chopped pepper on the crust.
- Return to oven for additional 10 minutes at 450 degrees or until toppings are browned and cheese is melted.