Recipe by VNess
Just ran across this solution to the gf pizza crust dilemma and am SO excited to try this! Not exactly "traditional" in terms of flavor, but if you're ok with that and are with me- pizza's all about the toppings (esp veggies), it's worth a try :-) I've lightened it up a bit, but am sure that any gf cheese would work well. Courtesy The Gluten Free Vegetarian Kitchen.
- 3⁄4 lb grated zucchini (about 2 to 2 1/2 c)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375F (190C). Lightly grease a standard-size nonstick baking sheet with sides.
- Place the zucchini in a colander set in the sink and sprinkle liberally with salt; let drain for about 15 minutes. Rinse under cold-running water and drain well. Transfer to several layers of paper towels and squeeze to thoroughly dry. ***(It’s really important to squeeze as much of the liquid out of the grated zucchini as possible before mixing with the other ingredients)****.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the eggs mozzarella, and pepper; toss well to thoroughly combine. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet, pressing mixture evenly into the sheet with your fingers.
- Bake in the center of the oven until light brown and crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. Use as directed in recipe.