Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Low carb easy zucchini pizza casserole with ground beef and pepperoni
Make and share this Zucchini Pizza Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups shredded zucchini or 5 small zucchini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces cheese (I used mozzarella and cheddar)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 ounces pepperoni, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese (or a mix of both) or 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (or a mix of both)
- Shred zucchini. Mix the zucchini with 2 eggs, parmesan cheese, 2 oz. of cheese and italian seasoning. Press the zucchini mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 9 x 13 inches glass baking dish. Bake the crust uncovered for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- While the crust bakes, brown the ground beef in a large pan. Add in the onion, pepperoni and spaghetti sauce and cook until onion is soft, about 5 - 7 minutes. Remove the crust from the oven. Pour the meat and sauce over the crust. Top with peppers, sprinkle with 4 oz. of cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 or until the pizza is heated through and the cheese is melted and slightly browned. Allow the dish to stand for 2 - 3 minutes before slicing and serving.