Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Got this from somewhere?? But its great...once you try this you may want zucchini on hand at all times! lol
- 4 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) canitalian tomato sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- Place zucchini in strainer; sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 10 minutes. Squeeze out moisture.
- Combine zucchini with the eggs, Parmesan and half of the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Press into greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce; spoon over zucchini mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; add green pepper. Bake 20 minutes longer or until heated through.
This was a great recipe. Love to use up that zucchini. We added black olives and used turkey italian sausage and pizza sauce. This was so good. We will be making this agian.
I can't believe I haven't rated this yet! I have made it several times and the whole family enjoys it! It's better than the traditional crust pizza to me. Thanks for sharing the recipe Mandy!!!