1/1 Photo of Zucchini Pizza Boats
This recipe originally appeared on budgetbytes.blogspot.com Super easy to make and very tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Wash zucchini well, then slice lengthwise.
- 3Scoop out the zucchini flesh from each half using a spoon, leaving the halves about a centimeter thick. Save the scooped zucchini in a bow.
- 4Place the hollowed zucchini pieces on a baking sheet.
- 5Chop or mash the saved zucchini, then mix in the tomato sauce, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning.
- 6Refill the zucchini halves with the mixture, then top with mozzarella cheese and black olives.*.
- 7Place the tray in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.**.
- 8*Since these are supposed to mimic pizza, you could use other toppings (pepperoni, sausage, etc.).
- 9**The longer the zucchini is in the oven, the softer it gets, so if you want firmer zucchini, feel free to take them out of the oven sooner.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Pizza Boats
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.2
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 33.1 mg
- Sodium 546.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: