Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
veggie- friendly pizza with a zucchini crust
Make and share this Zucchini Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- preheat oven to 400 degrees F. oil and flour a 10 inch pie pan.
- grate zucchini and combine with flour, mozzarella, parmesan, basil, rosemary and 1 tbsp olive oil.
- spread in prepared pan and bake 35- 40 minutes, until golden brown. brush with remaining oil halfway through baking.
- remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes. loosen crust from pan with spatula, so it wont break later.
- top with tomato, extra cheese, pepper, olives, mushrooms as desired.
- bake at 400 until heated through.
Great! I forgot to add the eggs, but it still turned out really good! Make sure to really spray your pan well because I does stick....I sprayed my pan and still had difficulty getting it out. It really tasted good and I will make this again for sure!
What a great healthy find although I did make a couple of minor adjustments to lower fat and calories even more. 1. Used parchment paper and skipped the flour and oil, just a light spray of pam. 2. Two egg whites not whole eggs, did not use the 1/4 cup of flour and 1 teaspoon of oil. The crust browned beautifully. Did not brush any extra oil on during baking. Tasted great and did not miss it. 3. Added garlic powder to the crust mix which was yummy and next time I will omit the rosemary and just use italian seasoning. I found the rosemary overpowering. Added extra veggie toppings that I love on pizza and this was THE BEST veggie pizza I have ever eaten. It's certainly a keeper and one I will be making often. Thanks for posting this delight honeybelly. Oh, I almost forgot to say that it's very easy to make too.
WOW!! terrific as can be! Can't believe is SO healthy! Quick and easy to make! Put it in a fluted round dish and watched it bake! THANKS! NOTE: Have contacted the chef to update re adding garlic and eggs to (I presume) step 2 I also added pizza sauce, sauteed mushrooms, roasted peppers, black olives and feta...hope this helps Not sure why the extra oil needs to be put on half way through baking; next time might just try spraying it to lessen calories...cheers P.S. Next time will also use baking paper instead of oil spray and flour