Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Rachael Ray.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (14 ounce) packages pizza dough, from the refrigeration section of the grocery store
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium zucchini, ends trimmed and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle olive oil on one large or two small cookie sheets, then roll out the dough. Poke with fork and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 5 or 6 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta with the garlic. Cover crust in mixture and top with mozarella cheese. Return to the oven for 12 to 13 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Heat the zucchini in the skillet on both sides until crisp tender. Scatter on top of pizza and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve large squares of the pizza hot from the oven.
Yum! I cut the recipe in half and made the pizza on two whole wheat pitas. So everything went together very fast, and we were able to get to baseball games on time! Keeping this for another busy night.
This worked out well and was a great mid week meal. I really enjoyed the use of the ricotta - such a change for the tomato !! This is a versatile recipe and you could add eggplant and peppers to the zucchini - also a good use of zucchini when there is a glut ! Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag.
Yes - from her '365: No Repeats' cookbook - I love this white pizza.. I came here to post it and found you had already beat me to it.. the only instruction you left out from the original RR's recipe was to season the cooked zucchini with salt/pepper, which I do.. apparently this is a popular treat in Rome, and her description of eating a slab of this every day for a week made me want to try it. I have made this pizza MANY times - this is a 5 star pizza.. Delicious!!