I came up with this sweet and spicy jam after picking goodies from my garden and looking at Zucchini, Pineapple, Ginger Jam which I posted 4 years ago. Had home growing Habaneros so added and what more do I need to say? This would be great served over a grilled chicken or fish.
- 2 lbs seeded and cubed zucchini
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 6 -8 habaneros
- 1 -3 ounce crystallized ginger (use more if you like more kick less if you don`t!I myself like a lot!)
- 5 cups sugar
- 3 ounces of ball fruit jell (liquid pectin) or 3 ounces Certo (liquid pectin)
- 1 (6 ounce) box pineapple Jell-O
- food coloring (Red and yellow)
- Place zucchini, pineapples, habanero`s and crystallized ginger in a food processor and puree.
- Add to a heavy bottom pot with sugar and boil for 20 minutes. That`s a rolling boil.
- Stirring all the while.
- Add Certo and bring to a full rolling boil for 1 more minute add jello and stir to blend.
- Add some red food coloring and more yellow to produce a color to your liking.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head space. (Filling 4-1 pint jars or 8 1/2 pint jars.I like to do the 8 jars because there would be more to give as gifts.) Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.
- Process in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed. Label, Decorate, And Gift!