Recipe by Babs7
I found this in a cookbook from college. It's an excellent way to use up your zucchini's in the summer and makes your house smell wonderful.
Top Review by Mmmama
Thanks! I think this is a great recipe - good flavors that come together nicely. Instead of all the oil, I used 1/2 c applesauce and 1/2 c oil, which I think makes the bread bake up a little faster - mine was done in about 45 minutes. I'll definitely make this again.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 -2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs in a large bowl to blend.
- Add oil, sugar, and vanilla and beat until thick and foamy.
- Stir in zucchini and pineapple.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, orange zest, and nuts.
- Stir gently into zucchini mixture to blend.
- Bake in 2 greased loaf pans at 350 degrees.
- Check after 50 minutes by testing with a toothpick, if toothpick comes out clean bread is done, if not put back in for another 5 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- * For 4 small loaves, bake approximately 35 - 40 minutes.