Recipe by COOKGIRl
From Diane Seed's Mediterranean Dishes. Meant to be served at room temperature, but I have served this as a warm side dish.
Top Review by Elmotoo
FANTASTIC dish!! I used 1 large zucchini because it was better looking than the little ones & it was just enough for the 3 of us. dh who typically hates zucchini raved over this! I love all the flavors....and it comes together so quickly. Thank you, Veggie Swap VIP for sharing!
- 1 lb small zucchini
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces pine nuts, toasted
- 2 ounces seedless raisins
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the zucchini into narrow strips; add to the saute pan and fry quickly in the olive oil for only a few minutes on medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the pine nuts. Brown lightly for another 2 minutes. Be careful not to burn the pine nuts as they can burn easily!
- Stir in the raisins. Finally, add the garlic and cook about 30 seconds.
- Remove the saute pan from the heat and stir in the mint, salt, pepper and lemon juice.