Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups grated zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
- Tabasco sauce (to taste, about 4 shakes)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup long-grain white rice
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°; spray a 13 x 9 inch ovenproof baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a saute pan, melt the butter, add in the onion and garlic; cook, stirring, until the onion is soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in zucchini, and cook until the zucchini is no longer giving off moisture, about 4-6 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and Tabasco.
- Sprinkle with the flour and cook, whisking, for 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in the broth, whisking until smooth.
- Add in cream, and bring to a boil.
- Pour the zucchini mixture into the casserole dish; sprinkle with the rice and then the cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the rice is tender and the cheese is golden.