Recipe by ccknowca
Saw this recipe in Real Simple magazine. I've modified the type of cheese but it is still delicious. The original recipe called for provolone. It is great the next day for lunch. Just heat in microwave.
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350°F Coat an 8 or 10" pie pan with vegetable oil.
- An Emile Henri ceramic pie pan works great.
- Combined all ingredients EXCEPT 1 tablespoon of Parmesan into one bowl.
- Spread the mixture into the pie pan.
- Sprinkle Parmesan on top.
- Place in oven and back for 45-50 minutes (check at 40 minutes) until golden brown and set in the middle.