Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
If you never told a soul they would think that you were serving them real apple pie, instead of zucchini pie.... it's that good
- 18 inches regular pie crusts
- 2 rolled pie crusts (or just make your own crusts)
- 6 cups zucchini, pealed (sliced or chunked)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 dash salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- cook zucchini until tender, drain water well add in salt and lemon juice.
- Add all dry ingredients together mix well. (I added a pinch or two of brown sugar also).
- take and add drained zucchini to the dry ingredients mix well, will be runny but that’s ok it will set up.
- Dump filling in 2 9 inch unbaked pie crusts and dot with butter on top add the top pie crust and seal edges make vent holes on top.
- Put into oven at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
This really suprised me. Its good.
This is an excellent dessert. If I hadn't made it myself, I would say it was absolutely apples. Did mine with a crumb topping, but followed the recipe as written. The hardest aspect was preparing the enormous zucchini. The larger the vegetable, the tougher the skin and this was a huge veggie.