Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
We finally convinced my grandma to write down some of her recipes!
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 skim milk
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 cup Bisquick Heart Smart mix
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 4 cups zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced horizontally
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cheese, oil, milk, onion, eggs and parsley.
- Stir in the bisquick and zucchini.
- Spray a large (rectangular, 9x13) baking dish with Pam or olive oil.
- Add mixture to dish.
- Place slices of tomato on top of the mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1/2 hour or until brown on top.
This is reminiscent of quiche, but denser in texture. It slices beautifully and I think could even be cut into small appetizer size squares. This recipe offers a mild flavor profile, but truly could be adapted in many combinations of vegetables, seasonings, and cheeses. I served it with a mixed green salad & fruit for lunch. The next morning we had leftovers with bacon and fresh fruit. Thank you for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall 2012 Pick A Chef.
We loved this savory zuchini quiche pie. It was even better the next night after the flavors meshed together. Made for Spring 2012 PAC.