Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
good for lunch....simple and good
- 4 cups sliced unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces crescent rolls
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- heat oven to 375. in a skillet, zucchini, onion and parsley in butter, about 10 minutes, or until tender. stir in seasonings. in a large bowl, beat eggs and cheese. mix egg mixture with vegetable mixture. separate crescent roll dough into triangles. press dough into bottom and up sides of pie pan. spread mustard over dough. pour mixture into pie crust. bake at 375 for 18-20 minute let sit 10 minute before serving. cut int wedges. serve hot.
This was really good! I did use egg beaters in place of the eggs and also reduced the butter to only using 2 Tablespoons and used reduced fat crescent rolls as a personal choice to cut some fat. It baked up very nice after about 25 minutes and the seasonings were right on with the over all flavor. Thank you for sharing your recipe! Made for PAC Fall 08
This was really good. I added chopped mushrooms and only had about 2/3 of the zucchini needed. Also substituted tofu for cheese since that's what we had on hand. I reduced the butter by half but next time would def reduce to only 2 tbsp like the other reviewers as it was not necessary. Overall great and will make again!
I made this a few nights ago for dinner- so awesome! I made just a couple small changes- decreased the butter to 2 tbsp and used reduced fat crescents. I was also out of parsley so I just skipped it and boy it was so good anyway that I think I'll skip it next time too just in case we don't like it as much! :) I was going to review leftovers as well but there were NONE! We will be making this again for sure!