Recipe by Maureenie
A great summer meal with a green or tomato salad. May be served hot or cold. Makes great leftovers for lunch. Reduce the fat and cholesterol in this recipe by substituting egg whites or egg beaters for the whole eggs.
Top Review by It's loose again
This was so well received by guests that I made another, vacuum packed and froze it. Then I made 3 more, changing the cheese and herbs to make French (Gruyere and thyme), Swiss( ham, Swiss cheese, nutmeg, sauteed leek, chives and a grated potato) and Greek (feta, lemon zest, capers and Kalamata olives) versions. All fresh herbs from my garden. All eggs fresh from my neighbor's chickens.
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 -4 zucchini, finely diced or shredded
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9.5 or 10 inch glass pie plate.
- Combine Bisquick, cheese, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, beat the eggs lightly along with the oil.
- Add to the dry mixture and stir well.
- Fold in the zucchini, onion, garlic, and parsley. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into the pie plate and bake for 50-60 minutes.