Recipe by Historychef123
Perfect for using up all of that extra zucchini and other vegetables you have in mid-summer!
- 2 tablespoons whole mixed pickling spices
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Pickling Spice, Vinegar, Sugar, Salt, and Turmeric in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Strain out the Pickling Spice if desired. (I don't, but be careful when eating the pickles. Nobody wants to bite down on a peppercorn -- ).
- Pour over the sliced veggies, and mix well.
- Chill in the refrigerator.