A great way to use the larger zucchini from your garden.
Make and share this Zucchini Piccata recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 dash black pepper
- olive oil, for frying (about 3 tbsp)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, sliced or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- For tomato sauce, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add crushed tomatoes and bring to a medium boil.
- Cook , stirring often, until reduced and thickened a bit.
- Add basil, capers, garlic and onion.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Rinse zucchini and pat dry.
- Cut into slices about 1/8 inch thick.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Beat eggs slightly in a deep pie plate.
- In another deep pie plate or shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and black pepper.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a medium skillet.
- Dip zucchini slices into beaten egg, then press both sides into crumb mixture.
- Add zucchini slices to hot oil and pan fry on each side until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with tomato sauce.