1/2 Photos of Zucchini Piccata
A great way to use the larger zucchini from your garden.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 dash black pepper
- olive oil, for frying (about 3 tbsp)
- 1For tomato sauce, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan.
- 2Add crushed tomatoes and bring to a medium boil.
- 3Cook , stirring often, until reduced and thickened a bit.
- 4Add basil, capers, garlic and onion.
- 5Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 6Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- 7Set aside and keep warm.
- 8Rinse zucchini and pat dry.
- 9Cut into slices about 1/8 inch thick.
- 10Pat dry with paper towels.
- 11Beat eggs slightly in a deep pie plate.
- 12In another deep pie plate or shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and black pepper.
- 13Heat 3 tbsp oil in a medium skillet.
- 14Dip zucchini slices into beaten egg, then press both sides into crumb mixture.
- 15Add zucchini slices to hot oil and pan fry on each side until golden brown.
- 16Serve immediately with tomato sauce.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Piccata
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.9
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 116.7 mg
- Sodium 613.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 11.6 g