Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you like pesto these little darlings will make you go, "Wow". They tickle the tastebuds delightfully. Boil the rice in the morning so that it is cold and ready to go at meal time. These make a great vegetarian dinner. Recipe from the October 2009 edition of Recipes+
- 2 cups cooked white rice, medium grain
- 2 zucchini, medium size
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- lemon wedge, to serve
- Combine rice, zucchini, onion, eggs, breadcrumbs, parmesan and pesto in a medium bowl. Shape into 12 patties.
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan over a moderate heat. Cook patties in batches for 2 - 3 minutes each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with a salad and lemon wedges.
I enjoyed these tasty little gems very much Kathy. I served them for lunch with fresh lemon slices and a sprinkling of freshly ground sea salt, they were terrific, loved the flavor. I found them quick and easy to make. Used green and yellow zucchini, fresh italian bread, parmesano regganio and a good quality basil pesto sauce. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
*Reviewed for Aussie Forum Nov recipe swap* I Quite enjoyed these and they made for a budget friendly vegetarian meal. I used gluten-free bread to make these diet suitable. I thought the first time O made them that they were a little lacking in flavour so served them with sweet chilli sauce. I think they would have better flavour with some salt, pepper and fresh basil added. Photo also being posted. Editted to add...made these again using fresh home-made pesto adn they were really great!