From iVillage.com. States, "Frozen pizza dough and prepared pesto trim the prep time for this homemade pizza to mere minutes. Paper-thin slices of zucchini create a fast and fresh topping that's healthy, too!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pizza dough (thawed overnight in the refrigerator, if frozen)
- 1 small zucchini, ends trimmed and very thinly sliced lengthwise (preferably on a mandoline or peeler or other slicer)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated (Note ( To make grating the soft mozzarella cheese easier, place it in the freezer for 20 to 30 minut)
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Remove pizza dough from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- 2Heat oven to 450 degrees and with rack on lowest setting.
- 3Pour 2 teaspoons olive oil on a rimmed rectangle baking sheet (the larger the sheet the thinner your crust will be).
- 4Place dough on sheet and coat with oil. Stretch the dough to create a large rectangle, roughly the size of your sheet. (If dough will not stretch, allow it to rest for another 10 minutes before trying again).
- 5Spread pesto evenly over the pizza dough and top with half the cheese. Lay zucchini slices over pesto in a single layer (you may have a few slices left over,) and top with remaining cheese.
- 6Drizzle remaining 2 teaspoons oil over zucchini.
- 7Bake until crust and cheese are lightly browned, 20 minutes. If crust begins to get too dark and cheese isn't browned, move pizza to the center rack of oven.
- 8Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper; allow pizza to rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Pesto Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.1
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 44.8 mg
- Sodium 363.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 14.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: