Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From iVillage.com. States, "Frozen pizza dough and prepared pesto trim the prep time for this homemade pizza to mere minutes. Paper-thin slices of zucchini create a fast and fresh topping that's healthy, too!"
- 1 lb pizza dough (thawed overnight in the refrigerator, if frozen)
- 1 small zucchini, ends trimmed and very thinly sliced lengthwise (preferably on a mandoline or peeler or other slicer)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated (Note ( To make grating the soft mozzarella cheese easier, place it in the freezer for 20 to 30 minut)
- 1⁄3 cup basil pesto
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Remove pizza dough from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees and with rack on lowest setting.
- Pour 2 teaspoons olive oil on a rimmed rectangle baking sheet (the larger the sheet the thinner your crust will be).
- Place dough on sheet and coat with oil. Stretch the dough to create a large rectangle, roughly the size of your sheet. (If dough will not stretch, allow it to rest for another 10 minutes before trying again).
- Spread pesto evenly over the pizza dough and top with half the cheese. Lay zucchini slices over pesto in a single layer (you may have a few slices left over,) and top with remaining cheese.
- Drizzle remaining 2 teaspoons oil over zucchini.
- Bake until crust and cheese are lightly browned, 20 minutes. If crust begins to get too dark and cheese isn't browned, move pizza to the center rack of oven.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper; allow pizza to rest 5 minutes before slicing.