Recipe by TxGriffLover
Chef Tom Perini of the Perini Ranch Steakhouse, in Buffalo Gap, Texas, introduces this delicious twist on zucchini. Try it for your next family dinner.
Top Review by Zemyna
Easy dish, big flavor, makes a lot. We added fresh garlic while browning the meat. We don't eat beef or pork so we used turkey Italian sausage and ground turkey. Otherwise we followed the recipe exactly. Next time I will add the zucchini earlier or slice it thinner but the flavor is terrific and it's an easy dish to put together. Served it with bowtie pasta.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, mashed and drained
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 2 lbs zucchini, sliced 1/4 thick
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In an oven-safe pan, brown the ground beef, sausage and onion. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the whole tomatoes, tomato paste and tomato sauce. Add the oregano and garlic powder and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, mix thoroughly then sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake at 350º until cheese melts and starts to brown, about 10 minutes.