1/3 Photos of Zucchini, Peppers, and Tomatoes
This is a really quick, simple, and flavorful sauté from The Victory Garden Cookbook. It can be served hot or cold, and reheats well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb zucchini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 -2 cup sliced bell pepper (any color)
- 1 1/2 cups peeled seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (optional) or 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives, to taste (optional)
- 1Wash, trim, and slice zucchini.
- 2Salt zucchini lightly and allow to drain for about ten minutes, then pat dry.
- 3Heat the butter and oil, sauté onions until wilted.
- 4Add the zucchini and peppers, cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5Stir in tomatoes, herbs, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- 7If the tomatoes are especially juicy, cook briefly over high heat to reduce pan juices.
- 8Remove from heat, stir in optional feta and olives or parmesan, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini, Peppers, and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.8
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 65.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g