Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a really quick, simple, and flavorful sauté from The Victory Garden Cookbook. It can be served hot or cold, and reheats well.
- 1 lb zucchini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 -2 cup sliced bell pepper (any color)
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese (optional) or 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives, to taste (optional)
- Wash, trim, and slice zucchini.
- Salt zucchini lightly and allow to drain for about ten minutes, then pat dry.
- Heat the butter and oil, sauté onions until wilted.
- Add the zucchini and peppers, cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, herbs, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- If the tomatoes are especially juicy, cook briefly over high heat to reduce pan juices.
- Remove from heat, stir in optional feta and olives or parmesan, if desired.
Excellant. I made the recipe as directed using parmean cheese and sliced black olives. I will make this again.
I sliced everything in the food processor, so it took no time to make this delicious side dish. I love that you make it all in one pan, instead of roasting and the addition of fresh basil and feta just takes it over the top. Will definitely make this again soon. Thank you.
5 star all the way. I am not fond of Zucchini but with a recipe like this you could win me over. Your cooking time is perfect. The zucchini & ppepers still have some crunch left in them. I did add a tsp of spicy Mrs Dash but otherwise followed the recipe. You'll make a zucchini lover out of me yet Thanks GoKittenGo