Recipe by Debbb
This is a fabulous recipe! It is delicious and light yet very filling. Don't let the zucchini scare you away. I had never had zucchini until I tried this recipe but it is wonderful in this!!
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir garlic into tomatoes.
- Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Add the zucchini, yellow pepper and basil in layers over the tomatoes.
- Do not stir.
- Lay chicken over vegetables.
- Spoon a little bit of the tomato mixture from the bottom of the dish to moisten the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake until cheese is melted- about 10 minutes.
- Set chicken aside.
- While cheese is melting, cook the pasta in boiling water until tender but firm.
- Drain and place on serving platter.
- Top pasta with tomato-vegetable sauce.
- Arrange chicken on top.
- Sprinkle with parmesan before serving.