1/1 Photo of Zucchini Pepper Basil Pasta Toss
Feel free to use this as a base and jump off at will with veggies and herbs. This is good for a little bit of zucchini, a little bit of fresh red pepper, a little leftover pasta in the bottom of the boxes...you get the idea. Great with grilled chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces dry pasta, farfalle, elbow mac, wagon wheels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 small green zucchini, rinsed, sliced thin
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cook pasta in plenty of boiling, salted water as directed.
- 2Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 3Add zucchini, red pepper and garlic. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Saute, letting all brown lightly.
- 4Sprinkle basil evenly over skillet. (If necessary, reduce heat a bit, so that vegetables don't burn.).
- 5Drain pasta, then add pasta to skillet with vegetables. Add vegetable broth. Cook and stir briefly.
- 6Add Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Pepper Basil Pasta Toss
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.8
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 5.7 mg
- Sodium 466.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning