Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Feel free to use this as a base and jump off at will with veggies and herbs. This is good for a little bit of zucchini, a little bit of fresh red pepper, a little leftover pasta in the bottom of the boxes...you get the idea. Great with grilled chicken.
- 8 ounces dry pasta, farfalle, elbow mac, wagon wheels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 small green zucchini, rinsed, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in plenty of boiling, salted water as directed.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini, red pepper and garlic. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Saute, letting all brown lightly.
- Sprinkle basil evenly over skillet. (If necessary, reduce heat a bit, so that vegetables don't burn.).
- Drain pasta, then add pasta to skillet with vegetables. Add vegetable broth. Cook and stir briefly.
- Add Parmesan cheese.
This was easy and delicious!!! I added some smoked sausage I had left over in the fridge and some banana peppers to add a bit of heat!!! Thanks:)