Recipe by EagleRocker
Still on my quest for foods that my 10 month old will eat! These balls were a hit last night! I also tried baking some of them, but he preferred the mushy consistency!* based on the one star review i attempted this again for my second child. if made with infant formula this works great! be sure to squeeze all the liquid from the zucchini. i also added blueberries to sweeten the taste. if it seems to runny...add more wheat flour to find the right consistency.
Top Review by tlexochtli
I was excited to try this recipe - it sounds great - but here's the problem: I followed the recipe exactly and it came out like soup. There is way too much milk in this recipe - I think it's a typo. There was no way it was anywhere close to being able to be rolled into balls. Maybe the author could post the revision - I'm quite sure I followed the recipe exactly..
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice
- 1⁄2 zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup peas
- 1⁄2 cup infant formula
- 1⁄4 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- cook rice
- steam veggies.
- combine rice, veggies, and formula in food processor and puree.
- Melt butter. Add butter and flour to puree.
- If baking, pre-heat oven to 350. Roll tablespoon size balls and press with a fork a la peanut putter cookies. Bake for 20 minutes, or until bottoms are golden brown. Makes 24 baked "cookies".
- If rolling balls, roll balls slightly larger than a pea (or what your child can handle). The batch will make A LOT of balls, but they can be put in the fridge for four days, or frozen for a month.