Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These little patties go with anything. They can be served with a salad for a main dish, as a snack or an appetizer. Make sure to serve these with Greek Style Yogurt. From Bon Appetit May 2007 Posting for ZWT IV. Greece.
- 2 1⁄2 cups coarsely grated zucchini (from about 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour (or more)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 cup about olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup about corn oil
- Plain Greek yogurt PreparationToss zucchini and 1/2 teaspoon salt in large bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. Transfer to sieve. Press out excess liquid; place zucchini in dry bowl. Mix in egg, yolk, 1/2 cup flour, cheese, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix in parsley, onions, and dill. If batter is very wet, add more flour by spoonfuls.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons corn oil in large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls into skillet. Fry patties until golden, 5 minutes per side, adding more olive oil and corn oil as needed. Transfer to paper towels. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Place on baking sheet, cover, and chill. Rewarm uncovered in 350°F oven 12 minutes. Serve with yogurt.
I loved these, the feta inside gives it a little pop. Thanks for a great sidedish Made for ZwT6 for the xtra hot dishes Made these again for our lunch today and grated 1 carrot as well.mmmmm good
Delicious! I made it with recipe #424933 for a great supper! Tried it with the greek yogurt, and sour cream, and... gasp... ketchup. Loved it all! Made for ZWT #6!
These were very easy to make and very good. I used a mini food processor to grate the zucchini, so it took very little time or effort. I did have to add more flour to get it to stick together, but they turned out very nice. I will cook at a lower temp next time....I think my stove runs a little hot! Thanks for sharing.