Top Review by cbee
Excellent recipe! I changed the proportions to 2C. Zucchini and 2C. Onions and added alot of garlic - just because we love it. We couldn't stop eating them - and neither could our meat-eating friends!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 1⁄2 cups zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1⁄4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, black
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter and oil together in a 12-inch skillet over moderate heat.
- Meanwhile, quickly mix the zucchini with the flour, eggs, salt and pepper to form a batter.
- Drop Tablespoonful of batter into hot butter and oil to form 6 patties 2 to 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Flatten each patty slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Reserve the remaining batter.
- Cook the patties for about 4 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and crusty.
- Remove them to a platter covered with paper toweling and set in a keep-warm (250 F) oven.
- Use the remaining batter cook 6 more patties in the same manner, adding 1 more Tablespoon of oil to the skillet, if needed.