Recipe by kimboleyanne
I found this recipe in a catalog but made changes to suit my taste. Zucchini is pretty bland in general but this recipe kicks it up for a simple, delicious meatless meal. Serve with a small side salad for a low Carb dinner.
- 1 medium zucchini, ends removed, peeled and cubed
- 1 3⁄4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring medium pot of water to a boil. Add the eggplant and cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Drain well. Place in mixing bowl and mash until smooth.
- Stir in all ingredients except oil.
- Shape into patties.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add patties 4-5 at a time. Carefully turn after 2-3 minutes when bottoms are golden. Cook until other side is golden, about 2-3 minutes.