Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this in a newspaper a few weeks ago by Sherry McCarty, Albuquerque, NM. I only added extra onion and cheese. Marinara Sauce is suggested for an Italian flair. I used Dee514's Quick Marinara Sauce. This is a very good light meal.
- Combine Bisquick, cheese, salt, eggs, zucchini and onion in a mixing bowl.
- Blend well. Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Spoon heaping tablespoons of zucchini mixture into skillet.
- Fry for 3 to 5 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Place browned patties on a paper towel.
- Add more butter to skillet when necessary for additional batches.
- Serves 5 to 6.
- Marina Sauce: See Recipe #30903.
I have tried vege fritters before and could not make them turn out right. But this was easy and worked perfectly, even for someone who does not cook! Yummy to! Husband and twin toddler boys liked them and wanted more!
I picked this recipe for Spring PAC 2007. And a fabulous recipe it is. Very simple, staples that I will always find in my kitchen. My ds loved these and were waiting to eat them as I finished cooking them. We ate them plain and really enjoyed them. I also added a little Parmesan cheese to it as well as the cheddar cheese. This is something I know I'll be making often. Thanks for sharing a great recipe!
I had all the ingredients on hand so I decided to try these and they are very good. I had a few left over so I stuck them in the freezer and decided to have one for breakfast!! Turns out they freeze well, too!!