Top Review by Heidi H.
We enjoyed the flavor of these patties, it was a delightfully different way to prepare zucchini. To make it even more low fat, I substituted egg beaters for the eggs. I had to use 2 cups of freshly made breadcrumbs to get the patties to stick together, then I placed them on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam and lightly sprayed the tops instead of using butter. I baked them for the required time and they came out beautifully, slightly crisp and flavorful.
- 3 1⁄2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 tablespoons grated onions
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- fine breadcrumbs
- melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350* After grating zucchini, squeeze out as much liquid as possible with hands.
- Combine zucchini, onion, parsley, cheese and 1 cup bread crumbs with salt, pepper and eggs.
- Shape into patties and cover with fine bread crumbs.
- Place on well greased cookie sheet and brush with melted butter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- You can fry these patties in a skillet with butter, if desired.