1/2 Photos of Zucchini Pate
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Nice summer pate, you can easily double the recipe for a large crowd. I sometimes add some paprika powder. Also nice spread on a sandwich and then topped with tomato and cucumber.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coarsely grate the zucchini, mix with the vinegar, salt and sugar.
- 2Leave this in a sieve, you can line it with cheese cloth if you have it, cover and leave for an hour or so.
- 3In your food-processor, process the parsley and chives until finely chopped.
- 4Squeeze the zucchini to get as much moisture out as possible, with just your hands or whilst in the cheese cloth.
- 5Add the drained zucchini to the food-processor, process until smooth.
- 6Then add the cream cheese, some salt and pepper to taste, process until it is well combined.
- 7Put the pate in a small bowl, cover and put in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- 8If you line the bowl with cling film you can turn it out of the bowl, peeling of the cling film, dust the pate with some paprika, then garnish with some thin cucumber slices around it, but this is optional.
- 9Serve with pita toasts.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Pate
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.5
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 23.3 mg
- Sodium 651.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar