Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A good pasta dish with zucchini.
- 1 (12 ounce) packagedried gemelli pasta or 1 (12 ounce) package fusilli
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 lb medium zucchini, trimmed, halved crosswise and shredded lengthwise
- 1 lb medium yellow squash, trimmed, halved crosswise and shredded lengthwise
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup feta, crumbled
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Bring large pot of water to boil; add salt.
- Stir in pasta and cook until al dente, about 9 minutes.
- Reserve 1 cup cooking liquid, then drain pasta.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil and the butter in a large deep skillet over moderate heat until butter is melted.
- Add onion and oregano, season with salt and pepper, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and squash; cook, stirring frequently, until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth; bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and keep warm, covered, for sauce.
- Add pasta and 1/2 cup reserved cooking liquid to sauce in skillet; toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer until pasta is coated well, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss in feta.
- Spoon into bowls, drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and serve.
I added in some squeezed lemon but otherwise followed the recipe. It was simple to prepare and the end result was very tasty indeed! I will make again, as we really enjoyed it at my house!