1/3 Photos of Zucchini Pasta With Mushrooms, Eggplant and Roasted Peppers
This is my attempt at replicating a restaurant recipe for zucchini pasta... it's not EXACTLY the same, but it comes close enough, I guess! You can play around with the vegetables and amounts. I used more eggplant than I'm listing here, but I found it too prevalent and so I scaled it down to post the recipe. I also used less pasta sauce, but most people like more sauce than I do! You might also want to add a bit of salt or pepper when cooking the vegetables, though I didn't.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Halve the zucchini lengthwise. Using a vegetable / potato peeler, peel long thin strands of zucchini (so that they somewhat resemble fettuccine). If desired, allow to sit at room temperature, uncovered, for a couple of hours -- this improves the texture of the zucchini.
- 2TO COOK THE ZUCCHINI:.
- 3Heat 4 cups of (salted) water to boiling. Cook the zucchini strands in the boiling water for one to two minutes, and then immediately rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking process.
- 4TO COOK THE OTHER VEGETABLES:.
- 5Put the mushrooms in a microwave-safe dish and cook on high until the mushrooms are soft, about five minutes. Repeat with the eggplant, adding it to the mushrooms so that it cooks in the mushroom's juices. Add the roasted peppers to the vegetables and microwave for one minute.
- 6In a large bowl, toss the zucchini with the rest of the vegetables and 3/4 c pasta sauce. Spoon onto serving plates and top with the remaining 1/4 c sauce.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Pasta With Mushrooms, Eggplant and Roasted Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (1028 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.2
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 640.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: