Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is another quick but delicious veggie side dish for dinner. I'm not sure where I got the recipe, but I enjoy it more the next day as leftovers!
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 small carrot, cut into julienne strips
- 4 large zucchini, cut into 1/8 x 5-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced (has to be FRESH!)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat stock, garlic and cayenne pepper to boiling high heat.
- Add zucchini, cover, and cook until tender 1-2 minutes.
- *At the last 30 seconds of cooking the zucchini add carrots if you like them a little tender.*.
- Drain off liquid.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan and toss until cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
Very clever, very attractive and very tastey recipe, bmxmama. I subbed evaporated milk for the half-and-half but made no other changes. This one will be a repeat.
I enjoyed this very much. Next time i will cook it a little longer to make it more tender.
This is a great guilty free pasta dish! Using no pasta!!! Making 1/2 the recipe using yellow summer squash slicing them to replicate fettucini. My 2 equaled out to 6 cups when sliced. I did cook the squash longer for dh like it tender. Then reduced the stock down to almost nothing(just couldn`t discard all the flavors and nutrients in it.I did use 1/2 bulb of roasted garlic! And plenty of fresh basil and added some fresh grated nutmeg. The aroma is scrumptious!