1/1 Photo of Zucchini " Pasta" With Basil Cream
This is another quick but delicious veggie side dish for dinner. I'm not sure where I got the recipe, but I enjoy it more the next day as leftovers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 small carrot, cut into julienne strips
- 4 large zucchini, cut into 1/8 x 5-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced (has to be FRESH!)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1In a large skillet, heat stock, garlic and cayenne pepper to boiling high heat.
- 2Add zucchini, cover, and cook until tender 1-2 minutes.
- 3*At the last 30 seconds of cooking the zucchini add carrots if you like them a little tender.*.
- 4Drain off liquid.
- 5Add remaining ingredients to pan and toss until cheese melts.
- 6Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini " Pasta" With Basil Cream
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.5
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.4 mg
- Sodium 272.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 10.0 g