Recipe by Nikki Dinki Cooking
By making pasta out of zucchini and you have a guilt free delicious meal. This carb free meal is amazing. The Zucchini strips really taste like pasta and the sauce it fresh and perfect. Go to my Youtube or Facebook page: "Nikki Dinki Cooking" for a "How to" video on how to make this dish.
Top Review by stephee24
This recipe was fabulous! I didn't think something so healthy could taste that good. My zucchini noodles were questionable at first but they turned out great in the end. Watching the video really helped fill in the gaps for me. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 roasted peppers
- 1 medium eggplant
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 medium onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 hot red pepper or 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 large lemon, Zest and Juice
- 10 basil leaves
- 1⁄8 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast peppers by charing peppers under the broiler and putting them into a bowl covered with saran wrap until cool and then remove skins.
- Roast eggplant at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Make Zucchini "pasta" by using a vegetable peeler and making thin strips of zucchini. Cut strips length wise to make them resemble fettuccine. Or use a julienne peeler and make spaghetti style strips. Put Zucchini is a colander and salt heavily. After 20 minutes rinse zucchini and squeeze out any extra water.
- Start sauce with a spray of cooking spray and add onion and garlic (and hot pepper if desired) cook until soft.
- Add tomato sauce and cook 10-15min.
- Add zucchini "pasta", fresh tomatoes and let simmer together for 5 minutes.
- Add basil, lemon zest and juice.
- Top with cheese and enjoy!