1/3 Photos of Zucchini "pasta"
Nikki Dinki Cooking's Note:
By making pasta out of zucchini and you have a guilt free delicious meal. This carb free meal is amazing. The Zucchini strips really taste like pasta and the sauce it fresh and perfect. Go to my Youtube or Facebook page: "Nikki Dinki Cooking" for a "How to" video on how to make this dish.
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast peppers by charing peppers under the broiler and putting them into a bowl covered with saran wrap until cool and then remove skins.
- 2Roast eggplant at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 3Make Zucchini "pasta" by using a vegetable peeler and making thin strips of zucchini. Cut strips length wise to make them resemble fettuccine. Or use a julienne peeler and make spaghetti style strips. Put Zucchini is a colander and salt heavily. After 20 minutes rinse zucchini and squeeze out any extra water.
- 4Start sauce with a spray of cooking spray and add onion and garlic (and hot pepper if desired) cook until soft.
- 5Add tomato sauce and cook 10-15min.
- 6Add zucchini "pasta", fresh tomatoes and let simmer together for 5 minutes.
- 7Add basil, lemon zest and juice.
- 8Top with cheese and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini "pasta"
Serving Size: 1 (599 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.2
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 1267.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.5 g
- Sugars 34.8 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: