Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a quick winner at my house even for my husband who doesn't like veggies! It is a great not too heavy pasta dish that pleases every time.
- 16 ounces linguine
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- parmesan cheese (lots)
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- Boil pasta in salted water.
- While the pasta is cooking, make long carrot strips using a veggie peeler and shred the zucchini with a cheese grater.
- Drain the pasta.
- Using the pasta pot, heat the olive oil, then add red pepper flakes, garlic, veggies, salt and pepper.
- Add pasta and toss, if you need more oil, add it now.
- Toss with a whole bunch of parmesan cheese (the more the better!).
- You can add chicken, prosciutto, shrimp, mushrooms, broccoli, peas, the list goes on and on and on.
This was good! I used shredded zucchini, carrot, and squash. I added some crispy bacon, which gave it a nice smoky essence.
Tasty pasta! I love adding fresh veggies to my pastas, so this was just right for me. I added a little romano cheese with the parmesan. Made for My 3 Chefs Nov 2008. Thanks!