Recipe by Manami
Just a bit different but very good and tasty. Originally found on mealsforyou.com.
Top Review by karen in tbay
I had cut up all the vegies and realized I didn't have the mozz cheese so I had to substitute with ricotta. I also didn't drain the excess liquid which resulted in soupy results. But the kids still loved it and so I will be trying this recipe again with the correct cheese. I also didn't have any italian seasonings so I threw in soome fresh herbs.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning (McCormicks)
- 5 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Saute garlic and herbs 1 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and saute 4 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini. Cover skillet and simmer 3 minutes or until zucchini is almost tender.
- Drain excess liquid from skillet.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in half the mozzarella and half the Parmessan.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly oiled( or sprayed with non-stick spray) baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.