Recipe by Marie
So easy and everything cooks in one pot. Really delicious!
Top Review by jeanettejeaette
very good. i used madagascar pink rice, i added lemon zest to the egg mixture, and grated up a nice aged pecorino instead of the parmesan. my husband and i loved it, and i cannot wait to make it for my step-daughter.
- 1 medium onion, minced fine
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons uncooked rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated zucchini
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add broth and rice and bring to a boil.
- Simmer, covered about 10 minutes, then stir in zucchini, salt and pepper.
- Simmer, uncovered about 15 minutes until zucchini is tender.
- Beat together egg, cheese and parsley and gradually whisk into hot soup.